• History and review of automated control.
• Principles of control without and with feedback.
• Laplace transform.
• Transfer functions.
• Block diagrams and algebra of block diagrams as applied to control systems. Characteristics of control
• System sensitivity measures and classification of feedback systems.
• Time response and stability theory, Routh-Hurwitz criterion.
• Basics of root locus analysis.
• Design and development of basic control circuits.
• Design and development of analog PID controller.
• Use of integrated PID for controlling flow, pressure, and temperature.