The University of West Attica is using the TurnitIn (https://www.turnitin.com/) antiplagiarism application.
Instructions for educators of the University of West Attica:
- Enter the application: https://www.uniwa.gr/turnitin/ > Είσοδος
- + Add Class (or click a Class name, then go to step 4), then:
Class type: Standard
Class name: (Any, e.g. Thesis)
Enrollment key: (Any, e.g. 0000)
Subject area(s): (Select, e.g. Engineering)
Student level(s): (Select, e.g. Undergraduate)
Class end date: (Select, e.g. any date –this can change later)
- Select Class by click on its name
- + Add Assignment
(Give an Assignment title)
(You may change Start and Due dates or not)
(Maybe Allow any file type or not)
+ Optional settings (these settings are also available through More Actions > Edit Settings under a Class Homepage, see also step 5)
Generate Similarity Reports for submissions: YES
Exclude bibliographic materials from Similarity Index: (you may select YES)
Exclude small sources: (you may select NO)
Enable Translated Matching? (by selecting YES a separate Similarity Report will be generated based on English translation of non-English submissions)
Submit papers to: (you may select NO REPOSITORY)
Search options: (you may select check all sources)
- Select More Actions > Edit Settings
Here you can change or update the basic assignment settings as well as the Optional settings (see also step 4)
- Select More Actions > Submit
First name (any, e.g. of your student)
Last name (any, e.g. of your student)
Submission title (any, e.g. Student thesis)
Choose (a file) from this computer (or a cloud drive from the other options)
- UPLOAD, then select CONFIRM, then select GO TO ASSIGNMENT BOX (or select the ASSIGNMENTS tab on top, then option VIEW under column ACTIONS).
- Then you have to wait, as it takes some time for the similarity report to be completed, until a percentage figure appears in the SIMILARITY column.
When the similarity report is completed, click the percentage figure of this assignment to see the similarity report.
To go to another Class, first press your name in the menu bar (up right) then select All Classes.