Retired faculty member as Professor
+30 210 538 5335
Last Name: Spyropoulos
First Name: Basile (Vassilios)
Year & Place of Birth: 1953 in Thessaloniki Greece
Marital Status: Married, two sons.
Permanent Position: Professor, University of West Attica, Biomedical Engineering Department, Athens, Greece.
First Degree: BSc. Physics, Athens University, Physics Department, Athens, Greece.
Post-Graduate Degree: Fachkunde Medizinische Physik, University of Heidelberg & Deutsche Gesellschaft fuer Medizinische Physik, Goettingen, Germany.
Ph.D. Degree: Univ. of Saarland, Biophysics Department, Saarbruecken, Germany.
Languages: Greek, English, German (+++) French, Italian (++), Spanish, Dutch (+).
- 1977-1982 Medical School, Medical Physics Dept., Univ. of Heidelberg, Germany.
- 1988- Technological Educational Institution of Athens, Medical Instrumentation Technology Department, Athens, Greece.
- 1986-1987, 1998- , National School for Public Health, Athens, Greece.
- 1991-1993 Technical University of Ilmenau (Thueringen), Biomedical Engineering & Informatics Department, Ilmenau, Germany.
- 1990 -, European Postgraduate Courses on Medical Physics and Biomedical Engineering Medical Physics Laboratory, Medical School, University of Patras, Greece.
- 1991- , National Center for Public Administration, Athens, Greece.
- 1994-1995, Common Postgraduate Course in Medical Physics, University of Athens, University of Ioannina, Greek Atomic Energy Commission, NRCPS “Democritos”.
Research & Professional Activities
- 1974, CERN, ISR Division, Ultra High Vacuum Group, Switzerland and France.
- 1976-1982, University of Heidelberg, Radiology and Medical Physics, Germany.
- 1978-1981, University of Heidelberg, Clinical Chemistry Institute, Germany.
- 1984-1987, Public Enterprise for Hospital Construction (DEPANOM), Head of Department, Medical Equipment Department, Athens, Greece.
- 1987-1988, European Patent Office, Biomedical Technology & Microelectronics, Munich, Germany and The Hague, Holland.
- 1988-, Technological Educational Institution of Athens, Medical Instrumentation Technology Department, Athens, Greece.
- 1990-1995, University of Athens & Associated Institutes, Accelerating Systems & Applications Institute, Athens, Greece.
- 1991, University of Heidelberg, Medical School, Radiology Department, Germany
- 1993, National Nuclear Physics & High-Energy Physics Institute (NIKHEF), Health Physics Department, Amsterdam, Netherlands.
- 1994, University of Crete, Plasma Physics Institute, Heraklion, Crete, Greece.
- 1994, Visiting Professor, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign (UIUC), Nuclear Physics Laboratory, in cooperation with the National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST), Gaithersburg, MD, and MIT, Cambridge, MA, USA.
- 1997, Visiting Professor, Harvard Medical School, Brigham and Women’s Hospital, Department of Radiology, Decision Systems Group (DSG), Boston MA, USA.
- 1999-, Comission of the EU, Directorate General Research, Research Proposals Evaluator.
Over 140 contributions in International and National Conference Proceedings with Referral System and in Journals, in the fields: Hospital & Biomedical Technology Management, Educational & Decision Supporting Systems, Radiological Protection Policies & Dosimetry.